We love to splurge on the best creams possible to keep the dreaded wrinkle and aging away, however shopping for the best cream is more like walking into a department store with a wide variety of products which promise to keep the aging away, that will leave one clueless with the choices available.
What to look for in an anti-aging cream?
- Before buying any skin care product, it is always advisable to check the ingredients on the cover to make sure one is not allergic to the chemicals, take the patch test to be on a safer side
- Retinol is the mainly used in most of the products which claim to work on the skin and keep the muscles tight, look for this in serum form or as an ingredient in the cream,
- The cream of serum should have an active ingredient to keep the skin hydrated, hence rice protein is also used to stimulate the collagen production and keep dryness away
- Vitamin A is helpful in keeping the wrinkles which stimulate aging, hence look for products which have this vitamin as a base as they are suitable for sensitive skin keeping the skin smooth and soft
Where to shop for anti aging creams
After trying to understand what suits best for the skin, one has a plenty of choices to shop for them:
- The near drug store is the most commonly visited place when is unsure what to look for, as all of them claim to “defy age with this skin cream” however the variety is limited to a maximum of 4 or 5 products.
- The exclusive skin care outlets in shopping malls or near supermarkets have a wide range of skin care products which has all that one is looking for in an anti-aging cream
- Consulting a dermatologist is safer, and addressing the skin care when one has a very sensitive and allergy prone skin.