For creating any song composition, the vocals and the instruments such as keyboards and guitars play a vital role. But for music production, one needs to learn to arrange and mix various sounds for each of the tracks so that it sounds more professional.
- The most essential device to carry on all such processing is the computer or any portable device such as iPads and tablets. Also, you need easy to use software samples for music production which the computer will run. Such software is responsible for the mixing, recording and mastering of music tracks. This is known as sequencer. The price range of the sequencers usually varies and can arrange unlimited number of tracks.
- External sounds like vocals, guitars, violins, pianos or synthesizers can be recorded and arranged with the help of the sequencer. The actual audio information is contained in the digital audio tracks. It also contains the waveform recorded of the external instrument.
- Most of the sequencers can recreate sounds of keyboards, drum kits, guitars with the help of a connected keyboard or the mouse. These are known as virtual instruments. After recording is done, such notes can be edited or can be even moved around with the help of sequencer’s editor just clicking and dragging them on the screen.
- Another internal sound which is known as sample is audio used for creating melodies, riffs or vocal parts.
- These days recording means processing the external sounds like instruments and vocals into the computer system. This could be recording individual members or just recording the music of the guitar. One of the important parts of music technology is the interface. An interface allows the guitarist, drummer, vocalist or the bass player to directly plug into the computer system and start playing and recording into the tracks. The interface used should be of the best quality to get the best recording quality.